[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Aug 8/9 Meteor Results

Hi Casper/Marco
Hope you got clear skies afterall.  I got 5 Perseids here between 01h13 and
01h45 UT.  Not as good as the display I got in 1993 with 19 Perseids in 1
hour, with the shower peaking as dawn broke.  The radiant just rises here
before dawn, so last night I got my 5 while the radiant was still well below
the horizon.

The rates here are hardly anything to write home about, but with such long
paths (>120° in 1993 and 90° last night) and long durations they are most
exciting to watch.

Best Wishes
Tim