[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Radiant in DRA/CYG ? (June 18-19)

At 21:24 12-08-96 -0400, you wrote:

><<
>  Dear Mr. Stomeo,
>
> The meteors from the Draco radiant are very interresting indeed. This looks
> like the same radiant (virtually same position!) of which George Zay and Bob
> Lunsford noted low level activity some nights earlier, and from which I
> noted a small outburst on June 15/16 1996 (see WGN (Journal of the
> International Meteor Organization) 24:4 p. 115-118 (August issue 1996). This
> is indeed very interresting. It strengthens the opinion that a real stream
> has been acive.
>
> Marco Langbroek
> Dutch Meteor Society
> *--------------------------------------------------------------------------*
> |   >>
>------
>Marco,
>
>I just saw my copy of Aug WGN and your Draco article...I want to point out
>that you erred in saying that bob and I reported it over the internet and
>viewed it on June 15/16...We made the observations on the night of June 11/12
>and I reported it to the internet on June 12 here on this list and numerous
>other places...I'm sure it's in this lists Archive? Don't have time to go
>over it any more than that...I gotta go and observe some more Perseids
>now...later.
>George Zay

Hello George,

Not quite sure what you mean. In my WGN article I clearly stated that you
issued your report 'a few days before' [15/16 June], and certainly did not
state that you viewed it on June 15/16. The reference in my article is to
the mail in which you pointed that (your earlier report) out to me: I didn't
have the mail of june 11/12 at my disposal since I have no internet/e-mail
connection myself (unfortunately): all my mailing is via Casper ter Kuile,
who I visit quite a lot and telephone quite a lot (I actually only knew of
your mail by telephonic contact with Casper!). I went for a month of
archaeological fieldwork in Britain only a few days after June 15/16, so I
didn't have the time to check things out to all extends

Kind regards (and good luck with observing),

-Marco
 PS: that mail of June 12 was probably lost here since at that time Casper's
e-mail provider broke down, or otherwise it drowned in the host of mails
from those days.
|     Casper ter Kuile, Akker 145, NL-3732 XD De Bilt, the Netherlands     |
|    Phone: (31)-30-2203170; Fax: (31)-30-2202695; GSM: (31)-6-54723974    |
|                         E-mail: pegasoft@cc.ruudot nl                       |
|       World Wide Web: http://www.pidot net/~terkuile/meteors/dms.htm        |