[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Triangulids/Arieids

-- [ From: Robert Lunsford * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --

Marco,  You Wrote:

> Are you talking about fast meteors from the triangulum/aries region?
If
> so, these are indeed conspicuous (like last night!), though any real
> radiants hard to establish. Our observers plotted a lot of them.
Might be
> meteors coming from the Apex, i.e. you see the Earth move through
space
> and catch up sporadic meteors. Peter (Jenniskens) wrote once about
that in
> Radiant (journal DMS), but have to look that up for more details.

I doubt if meteors radiating from the Aries-Triangulum last night or
near September 12 are related to the apex due to the fact that the apex
is currently located near the Pleiades and is located in central Taurus
on September 12.

This is an interesting thought though as activity from the apex may be
responsible for some minor activity throughout the year that may appear
as a minor shower to the casual observer.

Bob Lunsford