Date: Wed, 21 Aug 1996 21:00:22 -0400
From: GeoZay@aoldot com
To: LUNRO.IMO.USA@prodigydot com, Lance@think.jpl.nasadot gov, jhouser@muskingumdot edu,
        peter@canlon.physics.uwodot ca, 71271.3373@compuservedot com,
        ZQZK15A@prodigydot com, Andromed@atm.daldot ca, kronkg@medicine.wustldot edu,
        Jbrennen@supernet.abdot ca, akela@sunbeltdot net, skristof@venusdot net,
        wayne@popalex1.linknetdot net, grinch@rahuldot net, Jpenner@earthlinkdot net,
        tommoss@isdndot net, nmcleod@peganetdot com, zat2111@singnetdot com.sg,
        LheLzer@jasper.knoxdot net, wayne.t.hally@bangate1.tekdot com,
        dedalus@latradedot com, 71600.501@compuservedot com, wdemmery@entrenetdot com,
        FYDS16A@prodigydot com, GLIBA@grossc.gsfc.nasadot gov,
        MeteorObs@charlestondot net, Chris.Fuchs@jcidot com, rteagle@freddot net,
        jglover@accessusdot net, twinkle@worldaccessdot nl, pgural@trg1.saicdot com,
        bennie@wkudot campus.mcidot net, arm@centuryinterdot net, Johrt@cablereginadot com,
        Blee@ltecdot net, bjarvis@ezlinkdot com, graham.wolf@nzpca.org.nz,
        d.mac.10478@www1.utechdot net, rtotzke@omnifest.uwmdot edu,
        jjimw@centuryinterdot net, marji@l5rdot com, bacchia@sparrow.csc.vscdot edu,
        bill@otherwisedot com, gmlong@suffolk.lib.ny.us, meteorobs@latradedot com
Subject: Meteor Plotters Needed Sep12

METEOR PLOTTERS FOR POSSIBLE TRIANGULUM/ARIES RADIANT NEEDED

Last year in Sky and Telescope it was hinted that there may be a new minor
shower radiant in the vicinity of Triangulum and Aries.  This possible new
shower was brought to notice by NAMN members Gary Kronk and George Gliba.
 The apparent peak nite is on Sept. 12th.  Confirmation and radiant position
is still undetermined.  In an effort to help resolve both of these questions,
NAMN is calling for meteor plotters everywhere to make a concerted effort
during the period of Sept. 10 thru 14th with special emphasis on the nite of
Sept 11/12 to plot all meteors observed. I recommend all observers to center
their field of view to about 30 degrees from the Triangulum/Aries region and
note time, magnitude and apparent speed (1-5 scale) along with their plots as
well Limiting Magnitude star counts.

I realize only a few NAMN members are experienced at plotting, but those who
aren't may want to give it a try.  If interested, please contact me as soon
as possible.

George Zay
GeoZay@aoldot com

------- End of Forwarded Message