[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Aries-Triangulid preparation

Hello Everyone!

A discussion on the Aries-Triangulid stream began a couple of weeks ago,
but Mark has allowed me to begin coordinating the preparations for this
probable radiant. Over the next week I will begin posting pieces of an
unpublished paper I wrote discussing what we currently know of this stream.
I hope everyone will take a crack at observing this minor meteor stream.

As I stated above Mark is letting me coordinate the observers. What I am
interested in finding out is the following:
    Who will be observing with the naked eye?
    Who will be observing telescopically?
    Who will be photographing?
    Who will be video taping?
    Who will be plotting?
I would like observers to concentrate on observing during the period of
September 5 to 15, which is the duration indicated by historical accounts.

If you could respond back to me, I will compile a list of observers and
post it after the weekend. I have also began to make requests to other
observers world-wide. I hope to get as much coverage as possible to see if
there is a concentrated central core. Something caught out attention in
1993 and I would like to see if we can again detect something comparable.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask!

By the way, once observations begin, please follow normal NAMN procedures
and send your results to Mark Davis. He will forward the material to me
after he carries out his normal duties.

Thank you very much!

Gary W. Kronk
kronkg@medicine.wustldot edu