[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) august data summary

Hi Graham,

Thanks for sending your August meteor summary to the mail list! Now if we
could only arrange for me to visit you for the ETAs and you to visit me for
the PERs!

You wrote:
>Remember, that the person who only observes FOUR hours a year, is just
>as valuable and vital to the global effort, as the person who does FOUR
>HUNDRED. It is what the GLOBAL TEAM achieves as a WHOLE, that matters!

This is true, and what the NAMN accomplished during the 1996 Perseid
campaign of August is an example. There were several observers who submitted
reports only for one night, while others had many nights of observing. All
told, this allowed NAMN observers to cover 12 nights of August and
contribute over 100 hours of Perseid observations to IMO.

Mark Davis
NAMN Coordinator
MeteorObs@charlestondot net