[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Aries-Triangulids Seen!

   Well, we went through the bad weather from Fran to attend the annual
Astronomy Weekend at Blackwater Falls State Park, West Virginia. In our
haste to leave, I forgot my NAMN charts to plot meteors, but we figured
it probably wouldn't be clear anyway. Well, it cleared up nicely for a
few hours on Saturday, September 7/8; I was able to get an hour of meteor
observiong in before the clouds returned. Although I only saw two A-T
meteors, they indicate activity will be seen again this year. They were
both medium speed. Although one may have been somewhat faster than the other.
One came from the area of Alpha Trianguli, and the other from area between
Gamma Arietis and Alpha Trianguli. Under 6.2 (average) magnitude skies, 20
meteors total were seen from 5:30 to 6:30 UT. A tape recorder was used.
   On the side, Comet Hale-Bopp, and Tabur were seen. Hale-Bopp looked like
a fat guppy in 12x63 biniculars.

UT            Lm      Teff    KCyg   DAur  SPsc  A-T  Spo
5:30-6:30     6.2     1.00     2      3     3     2    11

Magnitude distribution:

       -1    0    1    2    3    4    5    TOTAL
KCyg
0    0    1    0    1    0    0      2
DAur    0    2    0    0    0    1    0      3
SPsc    0    1    0    0    0    1    0      2
A-T     0    0    1    0    0    0    1      2
Spo     0    0    2    3    2    1    3     11

GWG