[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) computer detection of video meteors status

Megabytes, Frame Grabbers, Oh mY !!!

Ooops, sorry bout dat.  As you can see I am up to my neck in software
development for the automated meteor detection of video tapes.  The work is
progressing at a good pace.  Have got the frame grabber and video working
asynchronously and can sum/difference the images on the fly.  My poor ol'
486/66MHz can keep up with 240x256 resolution at 30Hz and runs at about 15
Hz at 480x512 full resolution mode.  This weekend I begin tackling the
detection algorithms (hough transforms).  If that processing can be squeezed
into the time available left for processing images between frames, then a
PCI bus Pentium at 150MHz or better can easily do the job at the full
resolution and 30 Hz!!! I keep you informed of progress.

Pete G