[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Oct 15 Observations ZAYGE

<< .I highly advise acquiring
 an old used SLR camera from somewhere. You will find them much cheaper than
 the modern new camera. The quality of the older models is better than the
 newer one's in my opinion. I think the camera makers have gone overboard in
 making their products too simple for the average person, that for
 photographic specialties it becomes difficult and cumbersome.  >>

IMHO the camera of choice is the old Olympus OM-1.  Everything is manual and
it has mirror lock up for when you decide to do different types of
astrophotography.  They are all over camera swaps ( if there's such a thing
near you).I have two and each one with a 50 mm, f1.8 lens was gotten for less
than $175.

Kevin