[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Oct. 18 Observations

-- [ From: Robert Lunsford * EMC.Ver #2.5.1 ] --

It was a busy night as I recorded 83 meteors during the 4 hour watch.
Tonights rates were busy enough to require a tape recorder. I was
missing many meteors while plotting. I will start recording meteors on
tape during next weeks observing sessions. I have also thought about
plotting all possible sporadics in conjunction with using the recorder.
I will give it a try and see if the activity allows me employ both
methods. If I feel I am missing too many I will shift to strictly
recording on tape.

I look forward to another session with Ron Rennie on Sunday night. Ron,
I hope the skies remain clear and the activity is entertaining. Joseph
Assmus, if you are still out there you are welcome to join me on any
night, Sunday through Tuesday next week.

Regarding last nights results, the sky was the poorest I have see it
this month yet the activity was strong. I just got home from work and I
need sleep so I will let the data speak for itself. No fireballs were
seen last night.

08:45-09:45 UT   0.87   6.60   3 EGE   1 NTA   5 ORI   4 STA   8 SPO

09:45-10:45 UT   0.89   6.44   1 EGE   1 NTA   6 ORI   3 STA   9 SPO

10:45-11:45 UT   0.90   6.26   6 ORI   2 STA   10 SPO

11:45-12:45 UT   0.87   6.20   1 EGE   1 NTA   13 ORI   9 SPO

All hours had an F of 1.00. TeFF was reduced due to plotting. I was
facing southeast at an altitude of 70 degrees the entire night.

Beginning Temperature/Relative Humidity:   44 F (7 C)   45%
Ending Temperature/Relative Humidity:   43 F (6 C)   44%

Bob Lunsford