[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Activity in Auriga

-- [ From: Robert Lunsford * EMC.Ver #2.5.1 ] --

Wayne,  You wrote:

> Kevin, there is an ALPO shower which MAY explain some of the activity
we
> noticed in Auriga.
> It is the October Delta Aurigids. No velocity is listed, nor any
indication
> of radiant diameter or daily motion, but I have one or two on the
14/15, as
> well as 2 or 3 on the 11/12th that come from that same general area.
When
> we get together, we'll look at the plots. Bob, do you have any more
> information on this minor-minor shower that might help us judge these?

The DAO (October Delta Aurigids) are a continuation of the IMO's DAU or
September Perseids. This shower is mentioned in Gary Kronk's book.
Maximum activity occurs between 10/6 and 10/15 from a radiant near 5:40
+52. These meteors are swift. Perhaps Norman could comment on this
shower as he was one of the first observers to confirm this shower back
in 1980.

> When you do your report, Kevin, note those meteors that come from
Auriga as
> possible DAO's, and I will do the same. Bob, would you be interested
in
> copies of our plots showing that activity.? I can send you a copy when
> ship mine off to Mark. They'll be going out with the full moon, when
data
> processing finally ends.

I would most definitely be interested in plots of possible meteors
belonging to this radiant.

Bob Lunsford