[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Imaging the gegenschein!

Thanks for an intriguing post on imaging ecliptic phenomena, John! I was
particularly taken by the following remark...

>What I think would be a challange would be to photograph the ecliptic band,
>which we could see parts of at Laguna Hanson, or the L-5 clouds, neither of
>which I ever remember seeing photographs of in my 45 years of astroimaging!

I too would be interested in seeing images of the fainter regions of the
zodiacal reflective band on the net. But more importantly, what *ARE* the L-5
clouds, and can they ever be observed visually! (Are these literally clouds of
interplanetary material captured at the L5 point relative to Earth?)

Lew Gramer
Medford, MA, USA