[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: (meteorobs) Zero power binocs

>	Using the zero power binoculars would not increase your LM, and would
>severly restrict your field of view, making it MUCH less likely you would
>see meteors.
>Our normal useful field of view is about a 25 to 50 degree radius from the
>center, or 50 to 100 degrees total.
>	Your better off just living with the best LM that you can for now, and
>keep your eyes wide open.

Jonathan, one other thing I would like to add to what Wayne said above is
that the Leonids produce some bright meteors, so your hourly rates will be
higher than those you have been telling me about. I agree with Wayne, don't
use the "Zero-power" binoculars, keep an eye out over your entire field of view.

Mark Davis
MeteorObs@charlestondot net