------- Forwarded Message

From: "Fuerst, Robert C. (Chris)" <FUEC0@towanda.sylvaniadot com>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 96 10:10:00 PST

As an avid observer of meteors since about the age of 10 I am amazed that there
is such an interest in tracking, brightness (magnitude right?), etc. (I found
this thanks to WWW!)  I have noticed a few mailings about color.  As I am
color-impaired (P.C.) ie. strong red-green and slight yellow-blue I am not ever
sure what I see is what everyone else sees.  Many questions arise such as how do
you know when the light is green, etc.  I can assure you that I  see green
grass,  blue water, skies.   On Sat. night the Leonid or fireball directly
overhead from NE PA at 3:50 EST was an orange color when it first entered and
then turned to a deep blue or maybe purple before it was gone. This is the same
one I believe the Chile report talks about as the trail was visible for about 20
min. and split into a v-shape. I am not sure about degrees etc. It (the trail)
was about 3' long at arms length Now, do the colors I see seem the same to
everyone else?  I love the change of seasons up here like everyone else but
there is no way to know exactly what other people perceive the leaves colors to
be .  Just as someone blind from birth would know what sight was.  I wonder what
would occur  if a child was raised thinking that grass is red and the sky is
green?  I only find out how bad my color perception is when I take the color
blindness test and get through the first couple pages before the pages just look
like color dots

                              Thanks,
                                   1st

------- End of Forwarded Message