[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Leonid results

Dear meteorobservers,

The Leonids performed well in 1996 as we all know now.
DMS teams Delphinus and Astra were quite lucky to observe during a 90 minute
clear period which lasted from 03:24 to 04:54 UT. We observed the Leonids
near the city of Abbeville in the north-western part of France. We were
quided in that direction by our well-known meteorologist Jacob Kuiper from
the National Dutch Weather Institute. Jacob managed to get us into one of
the very few tiny clear spots in a cloud-covered western Europe. Jacob:
thanks again!
Please refer to our DMS website for visual and photografic results on the
Leonids 1996. The website has been updated for browsers which cannot get
along with frames.

The Leonids 1996 DMS "crash"-teams:

Marco Langbroek
Koen Miskotte
Marc de Lignie
Jos Nijland
Robert Haas
Casper ter Kuile
|     Casper ter Kuile, Akker 145, NL-3732 XD De Bilt, the Netherlands     |
|    Phone: (31)-30-2203170; Fax: (31)-30-2202695; GSM: (31)-6-54723974    |
|                         E-mail: pegasoft@cc.ruudot nl                       |
|       World Wide Web: http://www.pidot net/~terkuile/meteors/dms.htm        |