[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Transmission Gratings

<< By the way does anyone know any good sources for large transmission
 gratings in the 3 to 4 inch range. I am planning the construction of an
 automated fireball spectrograph, and an automated all sky camera.
 I have been passed a photograph taken by Henry Soper from the Isle of
 Man of a Spectrum of a very bright (about -20) fireball which came
 directly over Sunderland UK, in July 1995. It travelled West to East and
 the sonic boom directly above my house shook the place so much I thought
 a car had crashed through the front!
 S >>
Jeff,
The high grade transmission gratings are quite expensive. A few years ago, I
tried hunting some down. I found in the Starry Messenger, someone was trying
to sell a 1 inch square grating. The only place that I know that might be a
place to write is Bausch and Lomb. I don't know the address however. Anyhow,
I'm with the understanding that a grating of about 2 square inches or
therabouts will cost in the neighborhood of $700. Maybe somebody else has
some good contacts?
George Zay