[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Reply-To vs. Sender: Was Re: Digital Measurement...

Good one about the zoo chickens, George. :))

Hi, Sirko, you make some excellent points. "MajorDomo" supports all the features you mention in your list. And in fact, if you look at the top of each post to the 'meteorobs' list, you'll notice the fields...
        Sender: owner-meteorobs@latrade.com

The first of these is set up to request that any problems (mail bounces) be sent to the meteorobs list admin (yours truly). The "Wayne Incident" was because the mail server that was bouncing his messages back didn't bother to look at the "Sender" field, but blindly bounced the messages back to the "Reply-To".

The second line is intentionally set up so that when a PERSON replies to a meteorobs post, it will go back to all our subscribers by default. This is because most replies to posts will be back to the whole list, rather than to the individual who sent the post.

I'm flexible on this one, though. If the majority of subscribers would rather have their replies automatically go back to JUST the originator instead, let me know. But the list was set up this way early on, and people complained, so...

Thanks again for the suggestions, and clear skies!
Tschuess!
Lew

Karen Simmons & Lew Gramer lewkaren@tiacdot net http://www.tiacdot net/users/lewkaren