[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Firball Noise (was Where we all are)

Interesting stories, Gary, about the two "fast booms" you heard! Did you
also hear true delayed sonic booms for either of these two, or any other
meteors you've ever seen? As I wrote in a post around Leonid time last
year, I've now heard two of what I'd consider "electrophonic" sounds in my
life, sounds seemingly directly associated with a fireball, and not delayed
enough to be true sonic effects. Both sounded like they produced crackling
and/or fluttering to my ears, though, rather than thunder-like sounds.

Lew