[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) ANNOUNCEMENT: NAMN Guide Available

The second edition of the North American Meteor Network's observing guide is
now available via the Internet. Approximately 40 printed pages long, "Meteor
Showers and Their Observation: A North American Meteor Network Guide" serves
as a manual of observing techniques used by NAMN. To simplify its
availability, I have written it as an ASCII text file using a Courier New,
10-point font.

The Guide is composed of eight chapters and covers such topics as visual
counts, plotting, photography, telescopic observing and much more. To
complete the Guide, there are six appendices which include a list of meteor
showers, glossary and a recommended reading list. Finally, the new NAMN
Visual Summary Report is included as both a filled out sample and a blank
copy for personal use in reporting observations.

I urge those with the first edition of the NAMN Guide to obtain a copy of
this new edition. Much of the text has been revised and a new chapter on
telescopic observing has been added.

Those interested in obtaining a free copy of the NAMN Guide should send a
request to me at the address below.

Mark Davis
NAMN Coordinator
MeteorObs@charlestondot net