[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: Meetings on IRC

Lew:

I know a little bit about IRC, and have been looking for a good "meteor"
channel for quite a while and this sounds exciting if/when it happens.
I've found a channel called, "astronomy" that's pretty good.  What
server were you gonna be on?  I think you need a UNIX connection along
with a shell account from your ISP.  To keep it active 24-7, you need a
"bot" script that will keep you connected and hence, maintain the
channel even if you aren't on.  Usually you can find some savy nerd kid
to write one for you.  That's about all I know, but the best way is to
just ask everyone you know that sounds friendly on IRC for help.
Sometimes you can trade favors or something.

Steven Rimlinger
(stuck under clouds in Tennessee...where the HALE is BOPP?)