[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Hale/Bopp Obser Feb 19 ZAYGE

Feb 19

I made another pre work trip to my observatory to photograph comet Hale/Bopp
under 6.0 and clear skies. Again using my 4 inch at f/5 made two
photographs...a 23 minute with color print film and the other a 28 minute
exposure with t-max 400 film.  The comet appears to be brighter to me this
morning. Bright enough to give it a 1.3 if you condense the nucleus and
coma....this is equaling Deneb.  As for it's tail...I give the dust tail a
2.5 degrees and if you add the very dim ion tail, I get a total of 4 degrees.

George Zay