[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) ARCHIVE RESEND: Little stuff called raw data

Jim Bedient continued:
>The answer is that Dr. Meisel doesn't feel(and, after some thought, I very
much >agree) that publishing masses of raw data serves any real scientific
purpose, >that publication of the analysis of data should be our goal.

Hi Jim,
Since NAMN does publish 'masses of raw data' I guess I should respond to the
above... ;>

With all this (NAMN) raw data published, it is available to anyone wishing
to use it as part of an investigation. When it is used, this same data is
there, in public view, for all to see and use as they wish. To agree or
disagree, confirm or deny, the researcher's conclusions. Placing it all in a
box here at my house makes it useless...except for my own use of course.

I, for one, would like to see an AMS update to the fine Olivier "Tables of
Hourly Rates..." that I have here on my shelf.... :-)

Mark Davis
NAMN Coordinator