[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) H-B, Evening and Morning

-- [ From: Robert Lunsford * EMC.Ver #2.5.3 ] --

Ron, Thanks for your Hale-Bopp report. I first saw the comet in the
evening sky Sunday night, just over a rooftop. It was an easy naked eye
object with just a hint of tail. I did not have access to binoculars
then. Monday evening I used my 11X80's and much more detail was seen.
This morning was incredibly clear and I saw the comet from a darkened
warehouse looking out through a roll up door at work. Even with building
lights all around the comet was fantastic to both the naked eye and
through binoculars. The tail structure was awesome through binoculars
with streamers and filaments seen. Eight degrees of tail was easily seen
to the naked eye. The estimated magnitude was -0.4

Bob