[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Meteor Spectra Anniversary 1897-1997

Lew Gramer wrote:

>Interesting! Are we near the actual date of the anniversary, Edward?

I have just located the actual date and location of the first meteor
spectrum. Reference: Journal RASC Vol XLVl, Number 3, Whole Number 396,
May-June, 1952 p.121-124, METEOR NEWS.  LIST of PHOTOGRAPHIC METEOR SPECTRA
(1897-1950).

        SPECTRUM No 1  Year 1897  June 19  Time:  04h 25m GCT (mid exposure
time)   LOCATION: Arequipa, Peru  PROGRAM DIR.  Harvard College Observatory

Total Number of known spectra as of the above list 1897-1950,  122 spectra.

Edward Majden                         epmajden@mars.ark.com
1491 Burgess Road                     Meteor Spectroscopy
Courtenay, B.C.                       CCD's - P.E.P.
CANADA  V9N-5R8                       Amateur Astronomy