[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Aldebaran occultation

Yes, I goofed.  Sorry.  Aldebaran.  Too many "A" and "Al" stars.
I blame those Arabics :-)  "Aldebaran", literal translation, "the
follower".  The follower of the Pleiades.

I need to confirm a bit of information for my barn-door camera
platform design.  I know that the average solar day is 86400 seconds,
and that the average siderial day is 86164.09053 seconds.  I have
computed that the average lunar day, the time from one passage of the
moon over the meridian to the next, is 89428.31877 seconds.  Can
anyone confirm that this is correct?  I will discuss my method of
computation via direct e-mail, to keep additional off-topic discussion
out of this forum.

Gregg Lobdell                             Voice: 206-234-0884
Boeing Commercial Airplane Group            Fax: 206-234-5775
Seattle, WA, USA                       InterNet: gml@atadot ca.boeing.com