[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Fireball reporting

Franklin Miller (who lives in Canada??) wrote:

>I think the old report forms for email are still good for those who do not have world wide web accounts.  All
the regional centers used to pass on reports to FIDAC/IMO.
>Please Email to Canadian Fireball Reporting Centre
>c/o Bob Hawkes (rhawkes@mtadot ca)
> The  Canadian Fireball Reporting Centre is a project of  the Meteorite and  Impacts Advisory Committee of
 the Canadian Space Agency.    It is coordinated by Bob Hawkes  (rhawkes@mtadot ca)  and  Damien Lemay
(Damien_Lemay@Infopuq.UQuebecdot ca).

Franklin -

The following is a reply to several questions that I had asked Damien Lemay of MIAC back in January, as
regards sending of fireball reports, for possible cross-border sightings between Canada and the U.S..
Basically, he advised me that fireball reports should be sent to the IMO, and that only possible
meteorite-producing fireballs (Canadian or cross-border) reported to MIAC.

(I will be sending my Canadian fireball reports to Andre Knofel of the IMO at starex@tron.gundot de and copying
Peter Brown for the MIAC end at peter@canlon.physics.uwodot ca - in order to cover all bases....)

- Cathy Hall
  Ottawa, Canada