[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: Meteorite falls in NY

<< That was Peekskill, New York but I dont remember the year.  It is  one of
 four or five meteorites that have been recovered AND whose orbital elements
 were determined due to sufficient observations and/or photos.>>

It was a Friday night in October of '92. The meteorite was an 11 kg, L6,
stony meteorite. BTW the car was purchased by Michelle Knapp for $69,000 ( it
was a Chevy Malibu)  It is currently on exhibition in Japan (the car - not
Michelle)  :)  So I think everyone should park their cars under meteors.

Kevin