[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Warning! New Mail Virus

I posted earlier about a possible Computer Virus effecting AOL...there seems
to be some possible validity to it still.  Below was something posted on the
astro list about it.  For whatever it's worth...I'd rather know about them
than assume they are harmless.
George Zay

<< >
 > I have it from a reliable source that this one is real.
 > It is not a virus but it is dangerous.

 Full details are in U.Sdot department of Energy/Computer Incident Advisory
 Capability (CIAC) bulletin "CIAC Information Bulletin H-47a:
 AOL4FREE.COM Trojan Horse Program Destroys Hard Drives". A particularly
 nasty feature is that the Trojan's author has reused the name AOL4FREE,
 which *was* a hoax!

                 Ian G.