[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Perseid eclipse

Cathy wrote:
>Yes, I know my cross-posting here is about <solar>, but
>it's also right about Perseid max in 1999.  Anybody know
>the actual max date for 1999?

If we adopt a solar logntidue of 140.0 deg: 1999 Aug 13, 4h UT. If we suppose
the short peak still exists in 1999, and assume it occurs at a solar longitude
of 139.7, we get 1999 Aug 12, 20h30 UT. It is suitable for European geographical
longitudes, the traditional one for the Canary Islands (and eastern North
America), the new one for eastern Europe...about the same situation like in
1995, because it's four years ahead.

Rainer

Rainer Arlt -- Visual Commission Director
International Meteor Organization
visual@imodot net
Home page of IMO: http://www.imodot net