From:  owner-meteorobs-digest@latrade.com
Sent:  Thursday, May 29, 1997 6:00 AM
To:  meteorobs-digest@latrade.com
Subject:  meteorobs-digest V1 #457

meteorobs-digest           Thursday, 29 May 1997       Volume 01 : Number
457

From: donwon1@juno.com (Conrad W Humphrey)
Date: Sun, 25 May 1997 16:25:45 EDT
Subject: (meteorobs) Meteorite  value...

Hi again,
       I would like to know how much a planeterium would pay for a
meteorite. It`s not like I have one but I just wanted to know. Also, I
read in a book that during a major meteor shower you should put a pan on
your roof wrapped with aluminum foil. Then pick it up after it rains
because of the dust from the meteors can land in the pan. Then with a
magnet sweep the bottom of the pan with the magnet so you can pick up the
dust particles from the meteors since some meteors are made of iron. Then
dry the pan over a fire and look for the stony pieces. When you`re done
the book say`s rub a nail with the magnet and pick up the iron pieces and
then you can a sample of a meteorite. Is this true?

Conrad (Amatuer Astronomer)
Donwon1@juno.com
41 N
69 E

P.S.. Have any of you found a meteorite and did you sell it or keep it.