[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Perseids in Hawaii

>Still hoping to make it to my Keys site again this year, but maybe during
>one of the Leonid maxes these next couple of years? I'd sure not want to
>get clouded out for THAT shower - though a really dark sky might actually
>be a disadvantage in a meteor storm!
>Clear skies,Lew

	Tough to choose Lew; since the storm part of the
stream(ortho-Leonids?) is rich in faint meteors, even if it's hard to count,
 if it looks anything like those old woodcuts of the Leonid storms, it must
be truly an awe inspiring sight.I would guess the stunned excitement might
be like a total solar eclipse.
	I hope we find out

Wayne, secretly hoping all the predictions can be safely ignored, and the
storms will occur wherever I am :->