[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Recording Meteors by Video

        I would like to hear from anyone recording meteors by using video
techniques.  The information that I am most interested in, is as follows:

        Type of Intensifier used? i.e. (image orthicon, sec vidicon, MCP Image
        intensifier etc.

        Where did you get it, and what was the cost?
        How noisy is your recorded image?
        What is the faintest magnitude you can record?

        How do you record the video images and reduce the results?  If you
use a computer, what image capture method do you use? ie: high end AV video
card or separate image capture card?

        Any other information that you think would be useful would be of
interest.

Thanks in advance: Ed Majden

Edward Majden                         epmajden@mars.ark.com
1491 Burgess Road                     Meteor Spectroscopy
Courtenay, B.C.                       http://www.serve.com/meteors/majden.html
CANADA  V9N-5R8                       Amateur Astronomy