[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) fireball

     My brother and I saw a  fireball while he was visiting last week.  We
were fishing on the Susqehanna in NE PA on fathers day (15th).  It traveled
from east to west pretty much horizontally.  He saw it first and said "what
the hell is that?".   I looked to the south and was very impressed. I
observed it for perhaps 1-2 sec. before it disappeared over the trees. (how
I hoped not to be in the river bed at the time!) It must have lasted at
least 4-5 sec. for him to notice it and tell me and for me to look at him
and then to the fireball.   I told him how rare (I think anyway) it is to
catch a daylight fireball like that, especially by someone who isn't
actually looking for one.  It was approx. 7-8 EST in case anyone else may
have seen it.

                              1st