[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Perseids!

Hi guys!

Well, saw my first Perseid for the season last night, that's July 5/6/97,
actually at 6.25 UT in the wee hours of this morning!

Was out west of Ottawa, near a little hamlet called Sharbot Lake, and got in
about 3 hours observing after a friend's wedding...

Actually, in the time that followed, spotted another 3 Perseids... nice
trains, sliding down the Milky Way.  Had a nice dark location, right beside
the lake, and had an enjoyable session - lots of fireflies to keep me alert,
several bats swooping down over me, and my first Canadian mosquitos of the
season...

Also saw lots of sporadics, and several Capricornids and Pegasids, with a
beautiful Sdot delta Aquarid and a Sagittarid thrown in for good measure!

Woke up to the water lapping against my friends' front lawn, little
whitecaps on the water, and a cute little hummingbird perched up on the
telephone wire...

Most enjoyable!

- Cathy
  Great W.(as in Where's that bug repellant??) North...