[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: July meteors

Malcolm wrote:

> I believe that there are probably several radiants in the
> region each with different maxima, which are too difficult
> to resolve.  It's hard enough separating the various main
> components of the Aqr-Cap complex.

Right -- the graph I sent included all types of observations. I tried another
graph using only observations where  meteors were plotted and -- hopefully --
associated with the showers applying criteria such as path direction, speed and
path length. The structure remains the same as well as the time of maximum. It's
just the whole graph is lower either indicating that the 'counters' are rather
sloppy when associating meteors with showers or the criteria for association
were applied too strictly.

Anyway, the SDA is supposed to be the major source of the Aquarid complex, and I
guess their maximum will appear distinctly even if we use the whole complex'
rates.

The SDA seem to have a high r-value. Is this branch the strongest in the
telescopic range too?

Rainer