[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Photographed Meteors ZAYGE

Hi all!

Well...I just developed my first roll of film that covered 4 nights of
observing meteors this past week.  I used a 28mm lens at f/2.8, a rotating
shutter and guided. I captured 3 meteors on film...relatively good
considering the few bright enough meteors this week. Anyhow, I don't know
what they are yet...haven't looked that closely. I do know that I captured
that -3  I saw last night that was either a S. Delta Aquarid or a Piscis
Austrinid. The quality of the negative and pin point stars all look
relatively good.  I hope to be out there again tonight if the weather holds
up. Around Perseid peak I hope to be using three cameras...two guided and one
unguided. The unguided with a 50mm lens will be rotating shutter equipped.
The guided 28mm will also be rotating shutter equipped. Hopefully I will
bring in a better haul this year? later.
George