[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

This Doesn't work (was Re: (meteorobs) REMOVE)

<< REMOVE >>

Hi all,

Just to let you know that this doesn't work. First off, by just hitting
_reply_  the mail just gets circulated thru meteorobs so everyone just got
more junk mail. Secondly, when the junk mailers tell you to hit reply and
type remove - thats just to make you feel better. They know they are sending
you unwanted crap, and they don't want to hear from you. Thats why they have
some many disguised e-mail addresses. So you hit reply type remove and a few
days later along with MORE junk mail is your _reply_  returned to you because
they can't forward it.  Not good.

The thing to do is to find a place on your server that handles junk mail
problems. For example, AOL wants you to fwd. all junk mail to  TOS spam.  TOS
meaning Terms of Service. And they will take steps to block offending
companies. AOL has a list of nearly 100 companies that they have blocked from
sending us junk mail.  See if your server has a feature like this. By the way
- forwarding your junk mail to my server won't do anything so don't use the
above e-mail address if you don't belong to aol.  ALSO this is not an
advertisment for AOL - its just my experience.

Kevin