[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Question?

At 09:10 AM 8/25/97 -0400, you wrote:
>George said:
>>I'd prefer 5 Teff hours from observatons after midnight than 50 hours
>>before
>>midnight.
>	However, in Jonathan's case, due to age induced restrictions, that is
>not necissarily an option. So he can serve a valuable function is observing
>those hours when we "adults" are sleeping in preparation for early morning
>observations.
>	Here in the NOrtheast, where possible hours are weather limited, I am
>also making a concerted effort to get out some during those pre-midnight
>hours. Since so little data is available, I figure it may be of some value.
>It would be nice to be able to plot a nice -12 fireball accuratly, instead
>of the typical fireball reports - - - OH it landed three miles away, or oh
>it was a missle launched at a plane, or the multitude of barely useful
>anecdotal reports. Besides, there are suggestions that meteorite producing
>fireballs are possible at this time of year....pitch it right in here, baby,
> no batter, no batter. I now carry a baseball glove during evening
>observations :->>>

I agree with you Wayne. In addition to the fireball lure, there is also
little data available (that I am aware of) on year round, early evening,
sporadic rates. This might prove of interest to a future researcher....

Mark Davis
MeteorObs@charlestondot net
Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina, USA
Coordinator, North American Meteor Network
Assistant Coordinator, ALPO Meteors Section
Visit the NAMN home page at:
	http://medicine.wustldot edu/~kronkg/namn.html