[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Early Evening Observing

I guess the gist of the message is: observe after midnight for better rates
IF you can, but observe any time when it's DARK enough (LM>5.0), for
scientific purposes... Everybody clear on that one now? ;>

BTW, Malcolm, you mentioned that the bulk of IMO reports are actually from
the evening hours?? That surprised me! Or did you mean BAA reports maybe?

KevTK@aol.com wrote:
>This is the only part of astronomy that I've been involved
>with where the "rules" keep changing.

Come on, Kevin! If you haven't seen any disagreements on "the rules" for
planetary, deep-sky, and even variable-star observing, then you should get
Wayne to point you to his reference library for more reading. ;>

Clear skies to all! (Except those attending Bar Mitzvahs in Buffalo - for
whom the sight of clear skies and a new moon would be just too cruel...)

Lew, Buffalo-bound