[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Early Evening Observing

<< maybe it is more *enjoying* to watch in the morning hours since you see
 more meteors (not considering usual time schedules here, which - in my
 case - strongly favour the evening hours), but nevertheless evening
 watches have the same *importance*.
 Do you accept that compromise? ;-)
 Sirko

I accept it as a compromise...as long as the methods of observing isn't
compromised as well....such as observing during full moons (exceptions to
Major showers), or with LM's below 5.0, view highly obscured...just to rack
up Teff times. I am aware of some individuals with very high Teff times who
routinely observed under these conditions. I do consider Teff times as a
better measure to show effort than the number of meteors counted...but the
efforts can be watered down by producing essentially useless data by doing
observations under any marginal condition.
George Zay