[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Early Evening Observing

I like George's idea of a database of "experienced-only" observers. Seems
like it might be interesting to compare this data over time, with broader
samples from less elite (but still IMO-compliant) observers. Not
necessarily useful in any scientific way(!), but still interesting. Does
such a subdatabase exist?

As for feeding folks' egos, I say whatever motivates people to observe is
great... so long as their primary motivation is contributing in a
meaningful way to the scientific endeavor. Otherwise, those egos (not to
mention national pride) generally just get in the way - no matter which
science you're talking about.

Just my $0.02! Send flames to postmaster@aol.com. ;>
Lew