[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Skipping

Hi, George:

>Picture a tiny, hazy, fairly slow patch of blueish-white appearing and
>disappearing at regular intervals as it crawls across a section of sky.

>I assume you aren't describing a satellite here?

It was many years ago, so I can't be sure.  It might've been one
re-entering the atmosphere and burning up, but would a satellite be able
to withstand 15-20 seconds of friction and heat while skipping, with
each visible skip lasting approximately 1.5 seconds?  I thought it was a
meteor at the time.

Steve Sutton

 * SLMR 2.1a * You shall know the truth, and you shall freak!