[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) NAMN Photographic Form

<<
 GeoZay>You got all the info that you need to make your form complete enough
for the
 >BASIC level that NAMN is involved with. In the end I settled with two
 >forms...one for guided cameras and another for unguided cameras.<<

Mark>> If you already have the forms, why can't you supply them to NAMN? Do
you
 recommend using both the guided and unguided form? Which would a beginning
 observer be more inclined to use?<<

Yes I have the forms. Among other items, I postal mail them to others quite
regularly when I'm asked for meteor observing information. The latest copy
went to R.B. Minton in New Mexico a few weeks ago. Although a beginning
observer would be more inclined to use the unguided form, I send both.

 >Actually, I think I left NAMN before you got the Photographic form put on
the
 >website. I do know that the first time I saw it was last week. Since I left
 >NAMN in August 1996, I haven't visited the NAMN website.

 Mark>>Well, I am ready to put it on now as soon as you can provide it. But it
may
 take a little bit to actually get it on the site as that depends on Gary's
 workload. I wasn't aware that you haven't visited it since August 1996. May
 I ask what prompted this latest visit?<<

Curiosity! I have had recent complaints from current NAMN members who aren't
on the mailing list that they seldom hear anything from NAMN. Just trying to
see if I can find a reason for NAMN inactivity? In the process came across
some things that weren't up to par.

 >No it didn't have the expertise that IMO has...but when I was with NAMN, the
 >expertise was there for the Beginner who wanted to get started. I think my
 >articles about photographing meteors would have suffice for the
 >beginner...even if my grammar wasn't the best. But I believe it was
 >understandable?

 Mark>> In fact, we even have some of your work in the NAMN Guide
 with your permission. Remember?<<

Yes I remember...Haven't had a chance to look at the NAMN guide lately either.

 GeoZay>As I said earlier...I already provided you with the info that the NAMN
form
 >is lacking. Whether you use it or not is up to you.

 Mark>>Did I say something that gave you the indication I can't handle advice?
That
 was not my intent. No one can know it all, so I am open to advice. But if
 you are going to offer advice, may I offer some in return: if you are going
 to take the time to offer advice, then be prepared to take the time to
 assist in implementing it. Then, you have a hand in improving whatever it is
 you are offering advice about. It's sorta like being empowered.<<

Yes, your wording in the previous few messages has gave me the indication that
you can't handle advice. I'm not part of NAMN now, nor do I intend to be. I
don't mind giving the advice, but I have no desire to implement it for you.
You are now aware of some weak spots. Bringing this awareness to you is
suffcient on my part. If you don't eventually implement it yourself...well
that's your failure, not mine.

 George Zay