[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Weekly IRC Meteor Chat on Monday!

At 04:18 PM 11/3/97 -0800, you wrote:
>THANKS for the response on IRC Lew...
>Steve

DARN, Steve - sorry I missed your message. I'll leave myself hooked to the
#namn channel today, so you can tell for sure when you get there. By the
way, you should hook to the Internet over your usual phone line, via your
AT&T service. Then, once you're sure you are connected to the Internet
(e.g., you can receive email normally, browse the Web, or read News), start
up mIRC. It should automatically sense that you're connected to the
Internet via ATT, and use that connection. Once mIRC starts up, just
connect to dal.centuriondot net (I'm not sure if the Seattle DALnet server is
connected to centurion - so try connecting directly to centurion.daldot net.)
Then "join" #namn, and you're there! Try this any time today, and if you
see another user joined to #namn with a nickname of "MAmeteors" (that's
me!), you'll know you made it! If this works, don't forget there's another
chat Saturday at 11 EST!

(By the way, Werfried, sorry I didn't catch you when you connected! I'm not
really reading IRC right now... Try emailing me directly if you can connect
again later!)

Lew