[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Observation Nov 5/6 ZAYGE

Last night (Nov 5/6) I observed from my observatory in Descanso, Calif. with
Bob. I started a little early just in case I can pick up some beta-Cygnids. I
did not see any of these. I started a little after 21hrs local and stopped
just before 5 am local. My total Teff time was about 7 hours. Skies were
clear all night. My average LM was about 6.0. I Plotted most of the 59
meteors recorded. The N. Taurids seemed quite active. I recorded 19 of these
and 7 S. Taurids. The Orionids still have a little life left in
them...recorded 7 of these. The sporadics totaled at 26. The brightest
meteors was a -8 N. Taurid and two -2 meteors. The -8 was straight up above
me and had a brilliant blue color. It's train lasted 3 seconds. I feel rather
confident that I caught this meteor on film...or at least part of it. I won't
be developing my film to find out for sure until perhaps Friday afternoon.
I'll be using the same roll of film tonight when I give it another go.
Probably will start near 10 or 10:30 pm this time. Hope to take a slightly
longer nap. I don't think I will be missing out on any beta-Cygnids?
George Zay