[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Geminids...Bait and Switch dec 13/14

Well....I left for the observatory at 5 pm under dense high clouds. At the
observatory, the good news is that the wind died down to tolerable
levels...the clouds were the bad news however. Stayed around for a few
hours...no change. The clouds were the same as far as the eye can see. No
breaks seemed promising. Decided to not waste the night and went home. Looked
out the window around 10 pm and still saw the clouds. Went to bed...woke up
around 4 am and just happened to glanced out the windows...typically, the
skies were clear. I couldn't believe it. Too late for me to get anything
worthwhile started...went back to bed and enjoyed a good sleep. As I write
this, it is still very clear...darn it all! It is suppose to cloud up by this
afternoon was the forecast last night. Must have been a gap somewhere between
the two cloud fronts? Well...now hoping for the Ursids to be under decent
skies.
George Zay