[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Flt 800

Lloyd>>No matter how he described it. He saw something intersect the flight
path of
Flt. 800. <<

Perhaps...but it sure doesn't sound like a meteor from the descriptions you
gave. I believe the aircraft was in the neighborhood of 13,000 ft when it
exploded? For a meteor to be still glowing at that altitude, it must have been
an overpowering sight? I believe you listed approximately less than 200
witnesses to the "meteor"? A Very low figure in my opinion for something that
would be very spectacular in a highly populated region. You should have many
thousands of witnesses.

Lloyd>>From my  experience in watching "shooting stars", 40 year son and I
were
looking in the same direction, at least I thought we were, I saw a very bright
Perseus and he didn't see it. I was amazed that he missed it. <<

Not sure how bright you are referring to here, but often two individuals
looking in the same direction will miss some of the meteors that comes into
view. The number of missed however will diminish the brighter the meteors get.
But for one of you to miss a " 10-20 second duration meteor fireball"  that is
still glowing at an altitude of around 13,000 feet, one of you must not only
be legally blind...but criminally blind. I think if I had my eyes closed, I
would even see something?
George Zay