[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) NEAR Spacecraft Viewing

Dear Lew,
     As a new member to this organization (Meteor Obs), I guess it's
understandable that I could screw up and look in the wrong direction and not
see anything except a smattering of our own intra-galactic
neighbors..dot beautiful clear, crisp, and cold in South Texas,   but as an Air
Force Navigator that had lots and lots of celestial navigation training (25
years ago), I'll be ashamed of myself if it's my fault (and it probably is
mine), but I didn't see a darn thing below Capella from 00:20  to 00:50 local
time (CST).  My Red-Shift II program had Capella at an Az-El generally for
that time at AZ: 330 degrees - 300 degrees and EL: 72 degrees to 40 degrees.

    Did I  screw it up?

Thanks,
Maj Dave Garrison, USAF Ret
F4DEG@aol.com