[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Meter/Fireball

Good Morning All!!

This morning while out feeding the dogs,  ( which by the way is in
behind the houses with some trees), so this is only a partial report,
I hope others can fill in.

I observed around 6:09 to 6:10 am edt which would be 11:09 to 11:10
ut, ( no watch, kept track of minutes until  I came in). Going South
to South west, a meteor/fireball. The train followed the head all the
way across the sky ending up in the west. Magnitude the same as
Capella, only white in colour with some light yellow ( but this
could have been haze refection). Dec around 40 degrees in the sky. It
then went in front of the house and behind the neighbours trees.

The sky was clear, except along the horizons it was murky, and the
temp -13C.

I know I do not have all pertanent information, but why do these
things always happen when you are not prepared.

My coordinates are 44.28.28N, 76.29.45W

I hope others seen this. It certainly was a beautiful sight in the
morning.

Kim
Moonlight Cascade
44.28.28N 76.29.45W