[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) MY PRESENTATION TO THE LIST

>NOW I WILL BE WILLING TO SHARE THESE AND OTHER EXPERIENCES WITH YOU OVER
>THE NET. I THINK IT COULD BE INTERESTING FOR OTHERS TO FIND OUT WHAT
>GOES ON IN THESE TROPICAL LATITUDES, AND IF YOU FIND IT IMPORTANT, I
>COULD BE OF USE IN RECORDING EVENTS FROM DOWN HERE. JUST KEEP ME POSTED.
>CARLOS HERNANDEZ
>HEREDIA, COSTA RICA

Carlos, thanks for your posting to the list!

Other readers will have much more to say, but I think the short answer to
the question you asked above is "ABSOLUTELY!": carefully collected amateur
meteor data from diverse latitudes and longitudes is ALWAYS valuable!

In fact, if you're interested in trying some observing, there are several
meteor showers coming up this Spring which will give you an excellent
chance, Carlos! I strongly urge you to get some materials from one of the
amateur meteor organizations. Read everything you can, ask your fellow
'meteorobs' subscribers any questions you may have, and try getting out
under the sky!

In fact, you may be a little out of his coverage area, but why not contact
Mark Davis at the North American Meteor Network (MeteorObs@Charlestondot net)
for some of the great beginner observing materials from NAMN?

Also, can anyone suggest a group which could provide interested amateurs
like Carlos with good Spanish-language starting materials?

Mean time Carlos, clear skies, and stay with us!
Lew